单位文秘网 2020-10-16 14:58:41 点击: 次
Time for Lunch
午餐时间
At a sidewalk cafe Kathy and Evan stop for lunch.
凯西和艾凡停在人行道旁的一家小馆吃午餐。
E:This is the life. Too bad we couldnt travel like this for the rest of our lives.
艾凡:这才是人生。很遗憾我们今后不能天天像这样子旅行。
K:Nah. Id get bored with it.
凯西:不。天天这样旅行我会厌烦的。
E:Are you kidding Why wouldnt you want to see the whole world
艾凡:你在开玩笑吧你为什么不想看看整个世界呢
K:I would. But I also want to work, have a family, be with my friends,...
凯西:我想啊。但我也想工作、成家、和朋友们相聚
E:Yeah, I get your point. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, but all play and no work would be weird, too.
艾凡:嗯,我懂妳的意思。只工作不游戏使人乏味没生气,但只游戏不工作也很怪异。
K:Thats true. So, what are we having for lunch Have you decided yet
凯西:没错。那么,我们午餐吃什么呢你决定了吗
E:I think Ill try the soup du jour. Its probably a local style. I want to try local food. And the pickled herring platter looks good, too.
艾凡:我想我要试试本日特选汤。这也许是一道本地风味的料理。我想试试本地的食物。而这道腌鲱鱼盘看起来也不错。
K:All right. Ill have the fried chicken and coleslaw.
凯西:好吧。我要吃炸鸡和生菜沙拉。
E:Beverage of choice
艾凡:要喝什么饮料
K:Iced tea. And youll have a beer, right
凯西:冰茶。而你要喝啤酒,对吧
E:Natch. I like their local Carlsberg. Its very refreshing.
艾凡:想当然耳。我喜欢当地的卡尔斯堡啤酒,非常提神解劳。
K:And dessert
凯西:那么,甜点呢
E:Lets wait to see how much the main course is. I dont want to be stuffed and keep on shopping.
艾凡:咱们待会儿看看主菜的量有多少再说吧。我不想撑着肚子继续购物。
K:Good point. Oh, waiter!
凯西:有道理。喂,服务生!
二The Morning After
隔天早上
Evan wakes up to find Kathy concerned about him.
艾凡醒来发现凯西正替他担心。
K:Evan, wake up. Ive already asked Mrs. Lindquisthere at the hostel for a good doctor. Hes just a fewblocks away. Come with me. Hes open already, and were going to see him.
凯西:艾凡,醒醒。我已经问过这家旅社的林德奎斯特太太请她推荐一个好医生。他就住在几个街区外的地方。我带你去。他已经开始看病了,我们这就去找他看病。
E:Huh How do you know how I feel
艾凡:呃你怎么知道我舒不舒服呢
K:Are you kidding I didnt sleep a wink last night.
凯西:你在开玩笑我昨晚一夜都没瞌过眼。
E:Why not
艾凡:为什么呢
K:Between your moaning and snoring, you kept me up all night.
凯西:整晚你一会儿呻吟一会儿打呼,使我一直睡不着。
E:Gee, Im sorry.
艾凡:哦,我很抱歉。
K:Dont worry about it. Get dressed. Do you want to have breakfast
凯西:不用担心。把衣服穿好。你想吃早餐吗
E:No, Im still not hungry.
艾凡:不,我仍然不饿。
K:Thats what I figured. You look awful.
凯西:我就知道。你看起来真糟。
E:Gee, thanks!
艾凡:嗯,谢谢你了!
K:Oh, sorry. I didnt mean it that way. I just meant you really do look sick.
凯西:喔,对不起。我不是那个意思。我的意思是说你真的一脸病容。
E:I know, I know. OK. Let me put my clothes on. I have to use the bathroom.
艾凡:我知道,我知道。好吧,让我穿好衣服。我必须用一下浴室。
K:Ive already had breakfast and cleaned up. Its all yours.
凯西:我已经吃完早餐也漱洗完毕。浴室任你使用。
E:Fine. Ill be out in a minute; then we can go see the doctor.
艾凡:好。我马上就出来,然后我们可以去看那位医生。
三Saying Good-bye
道别
Kathy and Evan are in Amsterdam. Theyve returnedtheir rental car and are now saying good-bye to Mrs.Van Helsing.
凯西和艾凡现在在阿姆斯特丹。他们已经退还了租车,现在正和凡赫尔辛太太道别。
V:Now you two have a safe drive back. I cant tell you how much I enjoyed your staying with us.Youre perfect boarders.
赫尔辛:现在你们两个平安开车回到这里。真无法形容我有多喜欢你们住在这里的那段时间。你们真是完美的房客。
E:And youre the perfect hostess, Mrs. Van Helsing. Thanks for everything you did for us. Youreally made us feel right at home.
艾凡:而你也是完美的女主人,凡赫尔辛太太。谢谢你为我们所做的一切。你真的令我们宾至如归。
V:My pleasure. And when can we expect the honor of your visit again
赫尔辛:这是我的荣幸。那么什么时候我们有荣幸能期待你们再度光临呢
E:Kathy and I were discussing that. You know, we really racked up a lot of bills this trip, so wellboth have to find jobs and work hard after we return to New York.
艾凡:我和凯西刚刚还在讨论这件事。你知道的,这趟旅行我们花了许多钱,所以我们两个回到纽约后必须找到工作苦干一番。
V:Thats only natural. Heres my hostels card. Make sure you visit me if you come back to theNetherlands again!
赫尔辛:那是理所当然。这里是我旅社的名片。如果你们再来荷兰,务必要来看我!
E:Of course! We wouldnt dream of not seeing you again. Well, Im afraid well have to getgoing. The taxis here. You know we have to be at the airport two hours before ourinternational flight leaves.
艾凡:当然!我们一定会再来拜访你的。嗯,恐怕我们得出发了。出租车来了。你知道的,我们必须在国际班机起飞前两个钟头抵达机场。
V:Yes. I know. Oh, Im going to miss you so!
赫尔辛:是的,我知道。哦,我会很想念你们的!
E:Please dont cry, Mrs. Van Helsing. We promise well write and keep in touch. Really, wepromise!
艾凡:凡赫尔辛太太,请不要哭。我们保证会写信和你保持连络的。真的,我们保证!
V:Oh, I hope so! God bless you both. Bon voyage!
赫尔辛:哦,我希望如此!上帝保佑你们两个。一路顺风!
(责任编辑:单位文秘网) )
地址:https://www.kgf8887.com/show-179-32414-1.html
上一篇:关于行程计划的英语口语
下一篇:房内就餐服务的英语情景语句
版权声明:
本站由单位文秘网原创策划制作,欢迎订阅或转载,但请注明出处。违者必究。单位文秘网独家运营 版权所有 未经许可不得转载使用